Saturday, I spent the day with momof2agfans and her girls. After going to Greenfield Village, we returned to their house to pick up dad for dinner. Laura's younger daughter Emily brought out her Josefina so I could see her. Emily has had Josefina for a few years, and quite a while ago attempted to brush her hair like she'd seen at AGPC-- spritz, spitx, brush from the top. Shortly, Josefina became a matted mess. Her hair is so long and so fine, I can see how it could easily happen, and I remember seeing several really badly matted Josefinas at AGPC myself.

Emily asked me if I could help Josefina. I told her I'd try, and I'll admit when I got her home and first got started, I thought I was in way over my head.

Here is an album with some before, during and after shots of Josefina. There are also pictures of Linda's new wig.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2119785111

I'm glad to report that Emily is very happy with the results in the pictures. We'll get together to return Josefina soon, as I' sure Emily is chomping at the bit to have her back.
Heather

p.s. I talked to my mom about Josefina, and she said she made cotton fabric tubes to place over Josefina and Kaya's braids when she dresses them. That prevents the velcro from snagging the braids. She said, "One little brush from the velcro, and that braid is done for!" I thought that was an excellent idea.